Stand Up Paddleboarding and SUP Yoga
Welcome to a whole new world on the water at the River Ure, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire!
Stand up paddle boarding and SUP Yoga is a wonderfully energising session on your stand up paddle board. Where fun meets challenge, with moments of calm and relaxation. If you enjoy water sports and/or Yoga, wish to be surrounded by nature, become centred in mind & body and enjoy movement on your board then this is definitely for you! Take a look below at some of the benefits:
- Connection to nature, physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Balanced mind, body and soul
- Increased joint flexibility, strengthen muscles, core strength and weight management
- Improved balance, posture, co-ordination and stamina
- Reduced stress, anxiety and manage blood pressure
- Improved breathing, blood circulation, boost the immune & digestive systems and regulate sleep patterns
- Enhanced healthy habits with positive well-being, spiritual growth, confidence, self-esteem and improved energy levels
- Greater focus, clarity of thought and concentration
- Deepened sense of relaxation, tranquillity and calm
Paddleboard and SUP Yoga sessions are held with BSUPA qualified Paddle board & Yoga Alliance qualified SUP Yoga Instructor and long term water sports enthusiast Adrianne. Booking in advance is essential as our Hatha Paddle Boards are available for 2 people only. With water temperature ranging from 12 to 26 degrees, depending on time of year, the air can sometimes feel cooler than the water, but if you dress accordingly then you will be plenty warm enough, just bring a change of clothes in case you take an unexpected dip! Wetsuits can be worn, but not provided.
Paddle board and SUP Yoga sessions are 120 mins. This includes time to familiarise yourself with the board, paddle and getting on and off the water, a warm up paddle followed by a full Yoga class on your SUP. You may wish to dip your fingers and toes in the water when we relax in Savasana, if you haven’t already experienced a full body immersion.
Bookings available from 15 June – (2 places per session only) on the River Ure, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
Prices for 2022
£60.00 per person
Minimum age 18
Must be able to swim minimum of 50m and be water confident
Must not exceed weight of 100 kg (15 stone)
What to expect
We use 2021 Hatha Boards inflatable ‘Oxygen’ SUPs sized 10’6″ with leashes and paddles. We have 2 x SUP places available in a session, if you wish to bring your own board, the session price remains the same. When you arrive you will be briefed on safety tips, boards & equipment, how to paddle, and of course what to do if you fall in! You do not need to be a competent SUPper or experienced in either Yoga or SUP Yoga to participate, but a little confidence on and in the water and swimming ability will be sure to help and you can then relax.
What to wear and bring
Please arrive SUP ready! Choosing to wear yoga clothes, flexible wetsuits that aren’t too thick, lightweight quick dry layered sports clothing or swimwear. We would advise to stay away from cotton or denim! Be prepared to get wet, it could happen on it’s own or you may need a dip after the session. Bring a towel, spare set of clothes, water shoes to get in and out of the water (we are barefoot on the board deck) small bottle of water and a snack for after class. Please avoid eating 90 mins before you arrive. Please keep everything securely locked in your car or a good option is a small dry bag to store valuables and place this under the bungee cords on the board. We provide Buoyancy aids or you can bring your own.
The sun reflects off the water and sunscreen is important and recommended. You can choose to wear hats/caps/sunglasses to protect from glare & heat, ideally attached to you by a cord as they could fall off. And bless those nature companions in the summer evenings, insect repellent is handy.
- 48 hrs notice or session price will be charged
- If classes are cancelled by us due to unforeseen circumstances or bad weather you will be able to rebook at no extra cost or request a full refund. We aim to give you 24 hrs notice for weather interruption.
- Small numbers and personal tuition on an open river with minimal passing water craft
- We cover the river licence and provide buoyancy aids.
- If you feel ill, or showing signs of illness, please make contact before you arrive and do not show up to the session
Please note: We do not provide wetsuits. If you feel more comfortable wearing one you may bring your own.
To book your session at a time that is convenient for you, please send a message to Helloflow@indyoga.uk
All attendees must complete our Physical Activity Questionnaire and agree to our Liability Waiver before your first session. You will only need to complete this once. Please read thoroughly and complete the following:
The PAR-Q Form Word doc can be completed on your computer and sent to email@example.com
Whilst every care is taken for your safety all classes are subject to our liability waiver.