SUP Yoga and Stand Up Paddle Boarding
Welcome to a whole new world on the water… Stand Up Paddle Boarding!
SUP Yoga and Paddle Boarding is a wonderfully energising session, where fun meets challenge, with moments of calm and relaxation. If you enjoy water sports and/or Yoga, wish to be surrounded by nature, become centred in mind & body and enjoy movement on your board then this is definitely for you! Take a look below at some of the benefits:
- Connection to nature, physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Balanced mind, body and soul
- Increased joint flexibility, strengthen muscles, core strength and weight management
- Improved balance, posture, co-ordination and stamina
- Reduced stress, anxiety and manage blood pressure
- Improved breathing, blood circulation, boost the immune & digestive systems and regulate sleep patterns
- Enhanced healthy habits with positive well-being, spiritual growth, confidence, self-esteem and improved energy levels
- Greater focus, clarity of thought and concentration
- Deepened sense of relaxation, tranquillity and calm
SUP Yoga sessions and Paddle Board Taster Session 2 hr courses are held with qualified Paddle Board and SUP Yoga Instructor and long term watersports enthusiast Adrianne at the beautifully, serene and clean fresh water lake of Shepperton Open Water Swim, Ferry Lane, Shepperton, Middlesex, TW17 9LH. Booking in advance is essential as our Hatha boards are available for a small and intimate group only. With water temperature ranging from 12 to 26 degrees, depending on time of year, the air can sometimes feel cooler than the water, but if you dress accordingly then you will be plenty warm enough, just bring a change of clothes in case you take an unexpected dip!
SUP Yoga sessions are 90 mins, This includes time to familiarise yourself with the board, paddle and getting on and off the water, a warm up paddle followed by a full Yoga class on your SUP. You may wish to dip your fingers and toes in the water when we relax in Savasana, if you haven’t already experienced a full body immersion. Taster sessions are 120 mins long.
Sunday Lunchtime 12:00 – 13:30 SUP Yoga
Sunday Afternoon 14:00 – 16:00 Paddle Board Taster Session
(3 places available per session)
Prices for 90 min SUP Yoga sessions
Single session = £35.00
Block of 4 Sessions = £130.00 (to be used by an individual within 1 month, or used for a number of participants in sessions. Bring a friend!)
Prices for 120 mins Taster Sessions
Single session = £50.00
Minimum age 18
Must be able to swim minimum of 50m and be water confident
Must not exceed weight of 120 kg
What to expect
We use 2021 Hatha Boards inflatable ‘Oxygen’ paddle boards sized 10’6″ with leashes and paddles. We have 3 x SUP places available in a session, if you wish to bring your own board please send a direct message and I will book you on as we have spare places for Board owners, please add yourself to the waitlist first. Session price remains the same. Please park adjacent to the lake and check in area, and when you arrive you will be briefed on safety tips, boards & equipment, how to paddle, and of course what to do if you fall in! You do not need to be a competent SUPper or experienced in either Yoga or Paddle Boarding to participate, but a little confidence on and in the water and swimming ability will be sure to help and you can then relax as you enjoy your session.
What to wear and bring
Please arrive SUP ready! There are no lockers, shower or changing facilities at the lake. Choosing to wear fitness clothes, flexible wetsuits that aren’t too thick, lightweight quick dry layered sports clothing or swimwear. We would advise to stay away from cotton or denim! Be prepared to get wet, it could happen on its own or during the session. Bring a towel, spare set of clothes, flip flops or water shoes to get to the water (we are barefoot on the board deck) small bottle of water and a snack for after class. Please avoid eating 90 mins before you arrive. Please keep everything securely locked in your car or a good option is a small dry bag to store valuables and place this under the bungee cords on the board.
The sun reflects off the water and sunscreen is important and recommended. You can choose to wear hats/caps/sunglasses to protect from glare & heat, ideally attached to you by a cord as they could fall off. And bless those nature companions in the summer evenings, insect repellent is handy.
- 48 hrs notice or session price will be charged
- If classes are cancelled by us due to unforeseen circumstances or bad weather you will be able to rebook at no extra cost or request a full refund. We aim to give you 24 hrs notice for weather interruption.
- Small numbers and plenty of distance between boards on the water
- Please respect personal distance throughout the session
- If you feel ill, or showing signs of illness, please make contact before you arrive and do not show up to the session
Please note: We do not provide wetsuits PFDs as you are leashed to the board. If you feel more comfortable wearing one you may bring your own.
Register and book a SUP Session here on our booking site Momoyoga.
All attendees must complete our Physical Activity and Readiness Questionnaire and agree to our Liability Waiver before your first session. You will only need to complete this once. Please read thoroughly and complete the following:
The PAR-Q Form Word doc can be completed on your computer and sent to email@example.com
Whilst every care is taken for your safety all classes are subject to our liability waiver.